two widgets on the same page… need help

Support Area Forums Progress two widgets on the same page… need help

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Jim Moyer
    Participant

OK…. i am just having a hard time understanding how to do a few things. Sorry for the elementary questions…

I have two featured widgets on the home page. I need to have the following

– have them linked to 2 different pages. not sure how to create the pages or how to link them

– need two different images… one for each widget.

I am not understanding the parent child concept when it comes to these pages.

I feel stupid for not getting it… sorry to keep asking.

Bill Robbins

Jim,

You can create a new page in your WordPress control panel and selecting Pages on the left hand side. Then click “Add New.” This will let you create a new page. You can give it a title and enter the content for it in the large box in the middle of that screen.

On the right hand side you’ll see a box for the featured image. The image you upload here will be the image used in the featured page widget. Once you have that set, click publish in the right hand column to create your page.

You can repeat that for as many pages as you need to make.

Then go to the Appearance section and select Widgets. In the Featured Page widget, there is a drop down menu that shows the pages that are published on your site. Choose your first page in one widget and in a separate widget, choose your second page. Save each widget.

On your home page now that should give you two widgets, each with their own images that link to the proper pages.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘two widgets on the same page… need help’ is closed to new replies.