TWO Lightboxes overlapping!

Support Area Forums Elite TWO Lightboxes overlapping!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    glen hearnden
    Participant

Not sure if I have a clash with the theme or another plugin, although tested latter by deactivating plugins.

Have Elite
    theme in use (great by the way), but on trying to use the ‘Huge-IT Image Gallery’ plugin, keep getting two lightbox effects showing one on top of the other.

Does the Elite theme have a lightbox built in somewhere, can it be disabled or altered to not clash with what the plugin in trying to do? Would this affect any other theme functionality.

(If there is lightbox function already in Elite image display, am I using a separate plugin unnecessarily – did I miss a key theme element?)

Might be on completely wrong track here, but appreciate your advice as always…

Attached screen shots of overlapping lightbox windows. The one with big X is over the top of the plugin white framed lightbox.

Bill Robbins

Hello Glen,

There is a lightbox that’s built into the theme. If you’ll go to the Theme Options page and select the “Content” tab you’ll find two options related to the lightbox. You can disable it with the top one and with the second you can choose between the built-in styles.

You’re welcome to use the one that comes with the theme or the plugin. Just disable which ever one you decide not to use and that should take care of it.

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

glen hearnden
    Participant

Realized that might be confusing.

I see where you can turn off the integrated lightbox function (content – in theme options), but if I want to use the theme functionality, how do you go about have several images in a gallery, that then shows within a lightbox pop up, with next options, etc, so someone can review a batch of image on a page.

That might be clearer (or not!)

Bill Robbins

Good question. Here’s a quick video that will show you how to create a WordPress image gallery:

The only thing that you have to do differently to have them open up in the theme’s lightbox is set the links for the images to be to the “file” and not the attachment page. Once that’s set, you’ll be able to insert an image gallery.

glen hearnden
    Participant

Thanks as always – your assistance resolved my dilemma!
    The gallery option just doesn’t show up in WordPress admin unless you use the ‘add media’ button route… THANKS AGAIN

Bill Robbins

Anytime Glen. Have a great week 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘TWO Lightboxes overlapping!’ is closed to new replies.