Twitter Finds No Tweets

Support Area Forums Photobug Twitter Finds No Tweets

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Joel Cornett
    Participant

You had posted new code to put into the twitter widget file to keep formatting of the old twitter widget, and I did that, and it worked, for a while. Now it says “No Tweets”. I tried re-adding the twitter widget code from the other thread, but it still doesn’t work.

Any update to that?

Bill Robbins

Joel,

You’ll have to go with a Twitter plugin that supports authentication. It’s the only way to work with the 1.1 version of the Twitter API (they turned the original off back in June).

I wrote a post at http://www.organizedthemes.com/using-twitter-widget-pro/ that can show you how to use the Twitter Widget Pro to show your Tweets.

If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Joel Cornett
    Participant

The styling doesn’t seem to work well. The text is hanging outside the box, if I add the logo, it falls over the edge.

The only way it looks nice is if I turn off the follow button (which I really don’t want to do). Also (and this may be a support request to Twitter Widget Pro) but the ability to remove the follow count

Bill Robbins

The space in the theme really isn’t made to have a follow button in the header. It’s really just room for the tweet text. If you really want to keep the follow button there, you could stick it to the bottom and over to the right with some CSS like this:

.header-sidebar .widget {
    	position: relative;
    }

.header-sidebar iframe.twitter-follow-button {
    	position: absolute;
    	bottom: 3px;
    	right: 55px;
    }

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Twitter Finds No Tweets’ is closed to new replies.