Turned off loop, Safari hero doesn't render properly

Support Area Forums Grassroots Turned off loop, Safari hero doesn't render properly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://congruenttalent.com
  • Author
    Deborah Douglas
    Participant

I consulted the documentation to figure out how to turn off the loop because I don’t like the jump cut effect of the looping Hero video. I replaced the php as advised.

Now the video plays nicely in Chrome and Firefox, but it fades to a black box in Safari. Please advise, so I can have consistent rendering.

Also, I’m perfectly willing to put the Hero video back on loop if I can get rid of the jump cut effect. I put in crossfades at the beginning and end of my Hero video to create this effect. However, the theme does not show the crossfade and still renders as a jump cut. Any advice on how to mitigate against this occurrence?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

Hello Deborah,

I’d be glad to take a look for you. Right now I’m seeing a coming soon screen. Is it possible to see past that for you? If you need to leave a login, you can mark a reply here as private and I’ll be the only one who can see it.

Thanks,
    Bill

Deborah Douglas
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Good Morning Deborah,

Thank you for sending over the login. I took a look for you. Looking at the files individually, it appears that the webm and ogv files both start and end full frame, while the one for mp4, fades in and out.

If you’re wanting to stop the loop, I would take out the fade in and out from that file. It’s also much smaller dimension wise than the others and looks rather pixelated on my Mac. The last frame in the video should be what is displayed once the video finishes. Since this file ends in black that’s what you’ll see there.

Try converting one of the others to MP4 and see if that doesn’t make it more consistent.

Take care,
    Bill

Deborah Douglas
    Participant

Bill, for the second part of my question, what do you advise: When I have the loop turned on, the video renders a significant jumpcut at the end of play and restarting. How did you achieve the seamless loop of the sample video?

Thank you in advance.

–Deb.

Bill Robbins

Hi Deb,

I don’t believe the demo’s home page video is seamless. You can pick out the beginning and end as you watch it.

You could make a video clip seamless though. You can read up on how to at http://www.quora.com/How-do-I-make-seamless-loop-video-from-an-existing-short-video. Basically you split the video in half and then move the second half to the front. Then you overlap the clips in the middle by a second or so. Then apply something like a cross-fade transition. That should give you a video that’s basically seamless.

See how that works for you.

Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Turned off loop, Safari hero doesn't render properly’ is closed to new replies.