Trouble with Widgets

Support Area Forums Bottega Trouble with Widgets

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Kryste Adams
    Participant

Hi Bill

I just downloaded the theme and am having trouble with the widgets. On the widgets menu, the whole screen appears to be frozen. I can not activate widgets by dragging them to the side bar menu nor deactivate by moving widgets from the sidebar menu. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the theme yet the Widget menu page still won’t let me do anything.

http://pastramideli.com

Thanks.
    Kryste

Bill Robbins

Kryste,

Sorry for the trouble. The first thing I would try doing is deactivating all plugins and see if you still have a frozen widget screen. If you don’t, then you can reactivate the plugins one by one until you find the conflict. Should there be a plugin conflict, let me know which plugin is not agreeing with theme and I’ll try to find a way for the theme and plugin to play nicely together.

If after turning off all the plugins the widget screen still freezes on you, then try either the twentyten or twentyeleven themes and see if the screen freezes there too. If it still freezes then there is a problem with either the WordPress installation or the web host.

Should the widgets unfreeze when you go with one of the default themes, let me know. At that point it might be helpful if you’d send a login to support@organizedthemes.com so I can take a closer look for you in the morning.

Thank you for your business and sorry again for the inconvenience,
    Bill

Kryste Adams
    Participant

Thank you for such a quick response. I deactivated all the widgets and deleted the ones I wasn’t going to use, must have been one of those causing the problem. The screen is now unfrozen.

One other question, I watched your vimeo video on uploading the slides. When I do so, I don’t have the option to write a Title or Caption on the slide, only the hyperlink. How can I add that option?

Thanks!
    Kryste

Bill Robbins

I’m glad you were able to get the screen unfrozen.

Good question about the slides. At the moment, it doesn’t support slide captions. The plan is to make the theme responsive this summer and part of that will involve switching the slideshow to one that is touch enabled and also supports captions.

If you can’t wait, I can make a modified version of the theme. Just let me know,
    Bill

CHRISTOPHER BOYD
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I am having a similar issue.
    When I try to drag widgets from the Available Widgets to the right sidebar they will not move. Also if I open or close the Main sidebar it will not close after opening.

I tried de-activating all plug ins and that did not solve it.
    I tried changing my theme as you suggested to Kryste but the same thing happened.

Is this with the host?
    I host a lot of sites with this host on WordPress and have never experienced this issue in the past.

Chris

Bill Robbins

Chris,

I have had that happen before myself. Have you tried reinstalling WordPress? You can do that from inside the WordPress control panel. Here’s how:

1. Click the Dashboard link and select “Updates”
    2. Click the Re-Install Now button

WordPress will reinstall its files and hopefully that will take care of the problem for you. If it doesn’t then most likely there is something happening with either your database or your webhost.

Let me know if you stil have any trouble,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Trouble with Widgets’ is closed to new replies.