Trouble with Epic Theme

Support Area Forums Epic Trouble with Epic Theme

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.mtobc.org/
  • Author
    samuel WELLS
    Participant

Hello Bill,

I am soo used to your foudation theme when I purchased it I got the Epic theme for my church’s website. I just installed it yesterday and I am confused. these are my problems:

1. I placed a few photo’s in the slide and it keeps opening and closing after showing the pic’s. What am I doing wrong?

2. When I select to the customize button all I get is a blank page that says customize and no page.

3. I tried dragging a widget to the home bottom and it does not move it just highlights it as if I was going to cut and paste.Your instructions says the sidebar list will be on the right but mine is all the way at the bottom. Please help.

thanks

Sam

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Sam,

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the trouble there. Let’s see if we can find answers for you:

1. It looks like there is a published slide that doesn’t have an image in it. So overtime that slide comes around, the slider disappears since there’s not an image set there.

For the images in the slider, I would suggest making them 960 pixels wide by 540 pixels tall. That’s typically a good fit for those.

2 & 3. Would it be possible for you to send over a login so I can take a look at the customizer and the widgets for you? You can mark the reply here in the forum as private and I’ll be the only one who can see it.

Thanks again,
    Bill

samuel WELLS
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Hello Sam,

Thank you for sending over the login. I took a look around and found that on a couple of screens, the widgets and the theme selection screen, a portion of the styling is not loading. I did reinstall the theme and that did bring up the customizer at last.

You can us it to add in a background image. It’s also possible to add in your widgets there now (thankfully) since they are part of the customizer as well. There is a panel near the bottom for widgets where you can do that.

The theme options page does load up as expected so you can add in those settings there as well.

I still do not know why the widget screen’s styles are not loading. I ran a couple of local tests on my server to see if I can duplicate it, but so far have not. I’ll keep looking, but so far I’m stumped there. At least that screen’s functionality has been moved to the customizer so you can work with widgets.

Let me know if I can help.

Thanks again,
    Bill

samuel WELLS
    Participant

Hello Bill I still have the same problems except for the slide. also none of the uploads work. how do I remove the theme and try a re install on my end?

Bill Robbins

To be perfectly honest, I’m stumped. Since you are so close to the beginning of this, if this was my site, I would delete the WordPress installation and start from scratch again. Since there’s no content there to risk yet, that’s the most likely option to give us a good result.

samuel WELLS
    Participant

Ok Bill I will give that a try. Please accept my apology for the multible questions.

Bill Robbins

I’m so sorry for the trouble. Questions are always welcome. If this doesn’t do the trick, please do let me know so we can try another solution.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Trouble with Epic Theme’ is closed to new replies.