Trouble loading Woocommerce-campaigns

Support Area Forums Forward Trouble loading Woocommerce-campaigns

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Peter Zogas
    Participant

I’m new to WordPress and am trying to install the Forward template with the sample data to see if I can get a site to replicate the demo. After installing and activating the theme correctly, I installed and activated the woo commerce-campaign plug-in. This all seemed to install correctly. At the next step, loading the XML file with the WordPress installer, I get the following errors.

Failed to import product_type external
    Failed to import product_type grouped
    Failed to import product_type simple
    Failed to import product_type variable
    Failed to import product_cat Campaign
    Failed to import “Sample Campaign”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Give Any Amount”: Invalid post type product
    Failed to import “Variation #84 of Sample Campaign”: Invalid post type product_variation
    Failed to import “Variation #85 of Sample Campaign”: Invalid post type product_variation
    Failed to import “Order – February 9, 2015 @ 09:23 PM”: Invalid post type shop_order
    Failed to import “Silent Auction”: Invalid post type tribe_events
    Failed to import “Literacy Campaign Kick-Off”: Invalid post type tribe_events
    Failed to import “Variation #86 of Sample Campaign”: Invalid post type product_variation
    Failed to import “Variation #87 of Sample Campaign”: Invalid post type product_variation
    Failed to import “Community Carnaval”: Invalid post type tribe_events

I continued the steps and get a website that is missing the campaign widget. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Bill Robbins

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your business. Sorry for the trouble there. Taking a look at the messages there, it looks like WooCommerce was not active when the import took place. The “invalid post type product” message is what points to that.

It is possible to install a plugin and not activate it and that may be what happened there. If the plugin is active there will be two new sections in your WordPress dashboard, one for WooCommerce and another for Products.

The other error message there is for the event calendar. If you plan on using an events calendar, you can install and activate that plugin too before importing. If you don’t need it, you can skip that.

If you get stuck, I’d be glad to set up your site for you. Just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Peter Zogas
    Participant

Thanks for the rapid response, Bill! I specifically activated the Woocommerce-campaign plug-in prior to importing the xml file so there is something else going on. Eventually, I want an event calendar so I’ll go back and install the calendar plug-in.

I notice that you supplied the folder called “woocomerce-campaign” which differs from the standard “woocomerce” plug-in. Should I be installing both plug-ins?

I’m still trying to get the site up myself because I’m learning at the same time. I might have to pull the rip-cord and have you set it up. Besides the activation of the plug-in, is there any other thing I should look for?

Bill Robbins

Peter,

Thanks for the reply. You’ll have to have the actual WooCommerce plugin installed and activated. That’s separate from the campaign plugin. Our campaign plugin is an extension of the WooCommerce plugin which will have to be installed separately.

Give installing and activating WooCommerce a shot and see if that doesn’t help the import. Let me know if it gives you any trouble.

Thanks,
    Bill

Peter Zogas
    Participant

Done! Success! Thanks! Now the reverse engineering process begins…..

Bill Robbins

Fantastic 🙂

If you do need any help, let me know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Trouble loading Woocommerce-campaigns’ is closed to new replies.