Translation

Support Area Forums Moonrise Translation

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    marcus entradilla
    Participant

Hi Bill
    I have done all translation standard procedure, however when using CodeStyling Localization for translating the theme specific words that wp lang files dont solve, such as
    “by” | “Make A Comment” i cannot use CodeStyling Localization – i get errors is there as easier to solve those last details?
    Cheers
    Marcus

Bill Robbins

Marcus,

I’ll be honest, I’ve never made a WordPress translation. I’ve taken Spanish, German, Greek and Hebrew, but I’m not proficient in any of them enough to translate a theme. If you don’t mind letting me know what the errors are that you’re seeing, I’ll try to help out.

Also if you’re not running a multi-lingual site, you can translate the theme directly too instead of making a translation file. It’s possible in changing the theme, some of the line numbers where changed and that will cause the locations to be different from the translation file too.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

marcus entradilla
    Participant

Hi Bill
    Thanks for your fast answer. it is not the translation by itself i refer to, sorry if my English is causing any confusion. i cannot create a po file ( which is i first time for me managing wp)…this is the error i get…

Error: The actual loaded translation content does not match the textdomain: organizedthemes
    Expect, that any text you translate will not occur as long as the textdomain is mismatching!
    This is a coding issue at the source files you try to translate, please contact the original Author and explain this mismatch.

Warning: The actual loaded translation content contains mixed textdomains and is not pure translateable within one textdomain.
    It seems, that there is code contained extracted out of other plugins, themes or widgets and used by copy & paste inside some source files.
    The affected unknown textdomains are,

then is is an explanation:

What is a textdomain?

Textdomains are used to specified the context for the translation file to be loaded and processed. If a component tries to load a translation file using a textdomain, all texts assigned to this domain gets translated during page creation.

The extended feature for textdomain separation shows at dropdown box Textdomain the pre-selected primary textdomain.
    All other additional contained textdomains occur at the source but will not be used, if not explicitely supported by this component!
    Please contact the author, if some of the non primary textdomain based phrases will not show up translated at the required position!
    The Textdomain default always stands for the WordPress main language file, this could be either intentionally or accidentally!

Warning Messages

If you get warnings either at the overview page or at the editor page, somethings is wrong within the analysed component. The overview page will show warnings, if the textdomain can not be found clearly. In this case the author has written the components code in a way make it hard to detect.

Warnings at the editors view will show up, if the component is using badly coded textdomains. This could be either by integration of other plugins code or accidentally by typing mistakes.

Reported issues are not a problem of Codestyling Localization, it’s caused by the author of the affected component within it’s code.
    ….

and as I said before it is some words like, READ MORE , BY, MAKE A COMMENT…
    one solution is maybe that you tell me where i can edit this labels manually
    or if you understand the error message better than me…but that is beyond my knowledge.

thanks for your support support!
    Marcus

Bill Robbins

Marcus,

It may be a result of the changes I made to the theme for you. I didn’t recreate the PO file after that, so with some of the line changes, the translations may not point to the right locations anymore. The textdomain is “organizedthemes” or you can make the changes by hand. If you’ll go to the Appearance section and select Edit, you’ll find the theme editor.

On the right hand side, you’ll see a list of files in the theme. You’ll want to edit post-meta.php. Each translation string looks similar to this:

<?php _e('by', 'organizedthemes'); ?>

Just change the by to the text you’d like to have before the author’s name. You can also change the “Make a comment” and comment number there too.

The read more link is in functions.php about halfway through the file, you’ll see this line:

return ' <a href="'. get_permalink($post->ID) . '">Read More</a>';

You can change the Read More there. If you plan on displaying the full content in your blog archive and using the read more quicktag, you’ll also want to edit this in index.php and archive.php:

<?php the_content(__('Read more', 'organizedthemes')); ?>

That should get most of the forward facing text for you. It’s the same principal for the rest of it though too.

If I can help, let me know,
    Bill

marcus entradilla
    Participant

Hi Bill
    Fantastic as usual…
    found one more thing …it is the search box
    “your search terms” and “Search”
    Where do i do the edits?
    Cheers
    Marcus

Bill Robbins

Marcus,

Great question. Those are inside the searchform.php file. It’s a short file and you can find those spots there.

Let me know if you need any help,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Translation’ is closed to new replies.