Too much spacing between posts on archive

Support Area Forums Photobug Too much spacing between posts on archive

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://sageden.com/
  • Author
    Sandy Sage
    Participant

I’m finding that there is so much spacing between posts that it’s hard to tell what content is associated to which post. I am referencing my homepage which utilizes the default ‘most recent’ posts approach. I’m noticing there is a lot of padding / margin between posts:

padding-bottom: 50px;
    margin-bottom: 90px;

I’m wondering how I might:

– Reduce the amount of padding around each post to better associate the post’s content with the featured image
    – Allow the post title to display above the featured image / content to better identify when the next post in the series is showing

I really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Bill Robbins

Hello Sandy,

Great questions. You can pretty easily change the amount of margin/padding at the bottom of each post. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

#content article {
      	padding-bottom: 20px;
      	margin-bottom: 40px;
      }

3. Update your settings.
    4. See if that’s too much or not enough and adjust accordingly.

Good question about the featured image. If you simply want to place it under the title, you can just add it to the content of your post at the very top. That will place it below the page title for you. The only real reason to use the featured image is if you’d like to place it above the title. Otherwise you can simply add it to your content directly.

Let me know if you have any questions,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Too much spacing between posts on archive’ is closed to new replies.