Thumbnails in site search results

Support Area Forums Grassroots Thumbnails in site search results

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    soquinn
    Participant

Is there an easy way to add post/page thumbnails to search results? Are the large thumbs and layout under the blog excerpts configurable?

Bill Robbins

You’re welcome to edit the search.php file and add in thumbnails. To do that, go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and click on edit. From the list of files on your right, choose search.php and look for this section:

<header class="entry-header">

Right below that, add this:

(see support site for code)

and save your changes. I believe that will add in a thumbnail sized featured image to your search results.

I’m not certain what large thumbnails and layout you’re referring to there. Could you send over the URL to a spot that has it and let me know how you’d like it to be different?

Bill

soquinn
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

It looks like the links in the hero buttons are full URLs like http://www.pitch4pete.com/als-research/#content . Make it just #content instead. Since the link is one within the content of that page, the full URL isn’t necessary.

To have the search page look like a category page, do this. Edit the index.php file and copy all the content there. Then edit the search.php file and replace all the content in it with the code from the index.php file. Save your changes and that will make them the same.

Take care,
    Bill

soquinn
    Participant

Hi i have it as attached here not full link… but in chrome and IE on a windows PC it still doesn’t scroll (does on iphone and my mac)? Any other way to do it?

Bill Robbins

If it doesn’t, it doesn’t.

Take care

Bill Robbins

If you want to attempt to troubleshoot it, do this. Disable every plugin and see if the scrolling works as expected. If it does, then turn them on again, one by one checking as you go. Once it stops working you’ll know where the conflict is. From there you can decide if the plugin or the scrolling is more important.

The extra scrollbar appears to be coming from this style in the Themeify builder:

.animation-running, body.animation-on {
    	overflow-x: hidden;
    }

If I take that out of the plugin’s stylesheet the scrollbar disappears. You could try adding this to the Custom CSS:

.animation-running, body.animation-on {
    	overflow-x: visible;
    }

to remove the extra scrollbar. I don’t know if doing that will affect the plugin’s operation though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Thumbnails in site search results’ is closed to new replies.