Theme Update 1.3.5.

Support Area Forums Moonrise Theme Update 1.3.5.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    RecipeSocial
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I see there’s an update available for the Moonrise theme.

If I update, will I lose any of the changes that have been made over the last few months?

I know you made a child theme, which i’ve uploaded, but I can remember exactly what else got changed before that and if it will make any difference if the theme gets updated or not.

Thanks,
    Christian.

Bill Robbins

It’s unlikely that you’ll be able to update the theme in the future. Once you begin making changes, it’s difficult to then pull them out and place them in a child theme. It’s one of those things that you usually have to do from the start.

RecipeSocial
    Participant

Oh that’s a pain. So when ever my client logs in, they’ll also see that an update is needed. This isn’t good.

Maybe there’s a gap in the market for a new plugin to address this exact issue. I’d definitely pay for a plugin that could solve this issue.

If the theme isn’t up-to-date, it’ll be more susceptible to hackers wont it?

Christian.

Bill Robbins

I’m afrai the gap there is just experience. Child themes are the solution for customizing a WordPress theme.

You can turn off the check for theme updates in the advanced tab of the theme options page.

Whenever there is an update you can always download a copy of it from our support site, unzip the zip file and read the change log. It’ll let you know what has changed, including anything for security.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Theme Update 1.3.5.’ is closed to new replies.