the site is not working properly in explorer

Support Area Forums Grassroots the site is not working properly in explorer

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
URL to the page in question: http://jpwc.ca
  • Author
    Henry Motta
    Participant

in some computers the header looks like a drop down menu on the right site. Also, when trying to fill the personal information at checkout, it is not working (drop down menu for province doesn’t allows you to select and the fillable spaces are not working.

Could you please help me with this issue?

Thank you.

Henry

Henry Motta
    Participant

Hi,
    right now I have some duplication with the country and province choices on the information form, could you please help me with this issue?

Thank you.

Henry

Bill Robbins

Hello Henry,

I took a look at the checkout (see attached screenshot). That appears to be what I was expecting to see. Are you seeing something else, or are you wanting to change the default checkout?

Bill

Bill Robbins

Hello Henry,

Could you let me know which version of Internet Explorer you’re having trouble with?

Thanks,
    Bill

Henry Motta
    Participant

Explorer 11

Henry Motta
    Participant

You are right about this page, The problem is with explorer, which is not allowing me to fill the information that is required (explorer 11).

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Henry,

I’ve seen some troubles with IE 11 and forms lately. WordPress.org’s themes page’s filter form wasn’t even working in IE 11 last week.

There is an option in your WooCommerce settings where you can select to use enhanced drop downs (select elements). Let’s turn that feature off. That will remove the JavaScript that “enhances” those drop downs. Since there aren’t very many options, the native form fields should be fine.

Let me know how that goes,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

I forgot to mention the menu. On my copy of IE 11, the menu system is working as expected. On larger displays, the individual menu items are listed. On smaller ones, the menu button appears instead.

But if I turn on compatibility view, it breaks. So if you have compatibility view on, make sure it’s turned off.

Henry Motta
    Participant

Thank you! Now, when I try to fill in the information form to donate with my credit information the page is not allowing me (explorer11 again). Anything else I need to do in woocomerce?

Henry.

Henry Motta
    Participant

Sorry, I was not able to find “elements” on the woocomerce setting options.
    Any ideas where else?

Bill Robbins

Sorry for not being clear there. You’re not looking for something called elements. That type of input in a form is called a select input.

What I would do next in troubleshooting is this. Deactivate all plugins except for WooCommerce and see if you’re able to enter information there. If you can, turn them on, one by one until you can’t.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘the site is not working properly in explorer’ is closed to new replies.