the events calendar css from foxy

Support Area Forums Foxy the events calendar css from foxy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://tokyowriterssalon.com/events/
  • Author
    Lauren Shannon
    Participant

Hi:

On this page, http://tokyowriterssalon.com/events/ I’m using the Events Calendar plugin. It’s the free version so they don’t really support it. I use it in other themes and the plain version looks fine. But, the plugin CSS is coming from Foxy, so I’m hoping the CSS can be fixed within the theme, so that:
    The whole background of the calendar should be white rather tan while in some areas and black in some.

the font color changes to black, not red.

If you can let me know where to look to make the changes, I will be happy to experiment. I’m just not sure where to look for this specific CSS.

Thank you.

Bill Robbins

Good Evening Lauren,

Great questions. I love the Events Calendar, in part because they generally do a good job of supporting a diversity of themes.

With styling they offer a choice to load their full styles or just a skeleton version of them. The full version typically makes an assumption of a light colored website background with dark text. When that’s reversed like in our Foxy theme, it can cause trouble.

You can change the background color of the events table from transparent to white. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

table.tribe-events-calendar {
      	background-color: #fff;
      }

3. Update your settings.

The red text is the link color that’s used in the site. You can change that from inside the theme customizer (Appearance > Customize). If you wanted to change only the ones in the calendar table, you could add this to the Custom CSS too:

table.tribe-events-calendar a,
    table.tribe-events-calendar a:visited {
    	color: #000;
    }

Just replace the #000 with the color you’d like to use there.

For the individual events, you might add this to the Custom CSS too so that the backgrounds are transparent and the borders not so shocking:

#content .tribe-events-single-section,
    #content .tribe-events-venue-map {
    	background: transparent;
    	border: 1px solid #404040;
    }

See if that doesn’t help out some with the calendar. If you have any questions or trouble, let me know and I’ll be glad to help.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘the events calendar css from foxy’ is closed to new replies.