Text widgets not working

Support Area Forums Responsive Visual Text widgets not working

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Participant

I had text widgets fully operable on the sidebar, until yesterday…suddenly they are not showing up. I have left them in the sidebar placeholders…can you offer any direction? Thanks! KH

Bill Robbins

Kim,

Usually when that happens one of two things is going on. The first one is that there is a more specific sidebar that’s being used there. Most of my themes have multiple sidebars that can be used with an overall “default” that they roll back to if one of the more specific ones isn’t being used.

Say you’re in the staff section and had been using the default sidebar. If anything ends up in the Staff sidebar, even an empty text widget that would display nothing, it will keep the default from loading.

The other situation where this happens is when some type of HTML tag hasn’t been closed. Say you embedded a video or map and the > at the end of the closing </iframe> didn’t make it in. That can cause items after it to not show up.

If it’s not one of those two, send over a login to support@organizedthemes.com and let me know which page is supposed to be showing which sidebar and I’ll see if I can find the trouble.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Text widgets not working’ is closed to new replies.