Text runs off the page

Support Area Forums Forward Text runs off the page

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author

Trying to create a new page for our new media policy, and this is what happened:

I’m at a loss here.

Bill Robbins

I’d be glad to see what’s up. Could you send over the url to the page?

Bill, it’s only a draft at this time. If need be I can make it a page.

– Mike

Bill Robbins

If you could that would be great. I’ll need to be able to interact with the code to see what’s up.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

This is very unusual. I made a copy of the source code of the page and din’t spot anything off. After experimenting a while with different possibilities, I ended up retyping the text of that page again. The text that I typed into the page wrapped, but what I copied and pasted did not. I’ve attached two screenshots to show what I saw there.

I have zero idea how that could make any difference. The code looks the same so it should behave the same.

Try typing those lines again directly into the editor and update your page. See if that makes a difference this time around.

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

Made a test page. Same results. Copy/Paste doesn’t work, but typing it in, does.

Maybe it’s an issue with WordPress’s editor.

By the way, you wouldn’t know how to change the submit button on our contact us form keeps turning green despite all efforts to change it, would you? (http://worcesterbox4.org/contact-us/) Obviously, that’s not time critical, but I have that and a couple other tweaks I’d like to see made if possible that are above my skill level.

– Mike

Bill Robbins

Hi Mike,

Copying and pasting with the web can give less than optimal results, especially when coming from a more advanced program like Word. Happy typing it in fixed the trouble.

To change the color of that button, add this to the Custom CSS box that’s in the advanced section of the customizer:

#contactsubmit {
    	background-color: #db143c !important;
    }

Save your changes and see if that won’t do the trick,
    Bill

That did the trick. You wouldn’t be able to center the “submit” in the middle of the button, would you? Driving me nuts, but it was free.

Bill Robbins

It doesn’t look like the form has a hook that we can use to style that button separately from the rest of the form. To center the button, it will need to be in a separate container inside the form. It’s just in the overall container of the form. Sorry about that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Text runs off the page’ is closed to new replies.