Text over Featured Image?

Support Area Forums Elite Text over Featured Image?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Michael Thomas
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Is there an easy/supported way to have text appear over a Featured Image? I was hoping that there was a way for the formatted text you can enter on each page could be displayed with a transparent background over the Featured Image. An alternative, obviously, is to embed any text directly into the images with a graphics program. I was hoping there was an easier and more flexible way to go about this from within the theme itself.

Thanks!
    mt

Bill Robbins

Good Morning MT,

My personal preference is to do that via editing the image. It gives you so much more flexibility in terms of style, text placement, font size and so on.

But you can have text that overlays the featured image with some editing. What specifically are you looking to add there? Do you want the title or are you looking or a separate input where you can add some text that only appears there?

Just let me know and we’ll go from there,
    Bill

Michael Thomas
    Participant

You know, thinking about it more, I think I’m going to go with your suggestion for now. Let me give it a shot and I’ll ping you back if I want to pursue it from within the WP interfaces.

Thanks!
    mt

Bill Robbins

If you decide you want to go that route, just let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Text over Featured Image?’ is closed to new replies.