Text Logo Font & Blog length

Support Area Forums Progress Text Logo Font & Blog length

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Jean Ayers
    Participant

Hello,

Is it possible to change the font of the text logo at the top of the home page? If so, how?
    Also I’ve set up a blog as described from other support forum questions. However, on the blog ‘page’ it only showing a snippet of the post. Is it possible to show the entire posting?

Thank you.

Bill Robbins

Jean,

Thank you for your business first of all. Great questions too. Let’s see if we can find some answers for you:

Logo

You can change the logo font. I would suggest using a plugin called Fontific. It will let you use Google’s web fonts and set how they look on your site. Once it’s been installed, it will add a new menu item under Appearance labeled “Fonts.” Go there and you’ll see a screen like this:

Click on the “New Font Rule” button and the screen will look like this:

In the top of the box that’s appeared, click where it says “enter selector here.” In that spot you’ll want to enter:

#text-logo h1, #text-logo p

Which should look like this:

Now you can use the available options to style your logo. Once you’re finished, click “save all changes.”

You can also set the blog to show the full content instead of an excerpt. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose archive.php and look for this line:

<?php the_excerpt();?>

3. Replace that with this:

4. Save your changes.

That should switch from showing an excerpt to the full content.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Jean Ayers
    Participant

Hello again,

Thank you so much for your response. The blog fix worked like a charm!

But I’m struggling with Fontific – I have installed the fontific plugin as instructed. However, I am unable to use the slider-settings for the font size, line height, word spacing, or letter spacing. Ideas?

thanks again,
    jean

Bill Robbins

Jean,

Great question. Usually when something like a slider won’t work, there’s generally a javascript conflict of some type. You might try disabling any other plugins while you set your fonts and see if that will let you use the slider. If it does then you can make your changes and then turn them back on when you’re finished.

If I can help, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Text Logo Font &amp; Blog length’ is closed to new replies.