Text in Admin mode and Woocommerce Shop Page

Support Area Forums Grassroots Text in Admin mode and Woocommerce Shop Page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://friendsofpeb.ratherthanrunning.com/
  • Author
    Lara Marsh
    Participant

Hi Bill –

Love the Grassroots theme!

Two questions:
    1 – When I try to create a page on the backend, it appears that my text is typing white and therefore I can’t see it at all. I have to double click in what appears to be the empty space and then I can see the text highlighted. What setting did I mess up that is causing this? Makes it difficult to create pages. 🙂

2 – For the Shop page, I would like to display 12 products per page. The default is to show 10 but I can’t find where to change this. However, if I add the Woocommerce shortcode for showing 12 products
    [products per_page="12"]
    the Shop page shows the 12 products and then it is followed by the default display of the products which only shows 10. Essentially it doubles the display instead of just using the shortcode I tell it to use. How do I change this?

3 – After I add items to my cart, the Woocommerce Total is $0 even when the Subtotal has a value. Do you happen to know why it wouldn’t be totalling?

Thanks so much!
    Lara

Bill Robbins

Hello Lara,

Let’s see if we can find answers for you.

Text in Admin — I’m not certain what’s causing that. If you wan to send over a login, I can take a look. You can mark a reply here as private and I’ll be the only one who can see it.

Products per page — I believe WooCommerce archive pages like the shop follow the default WordPress posts per page. Go to the settings section in your WordPress dashboard and click on Reading. You’ll find a field there for the number of posts per page. Change that from 10 to 12 and save your changes. I believe that will make the change for you.

There’s also a plugin at https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-products-per-page/ that indicates it’ll let you change that number independently of the number of posts per page.

Cart — I tried adding a product to your cart. It did show up in the mini cart with the correct subtotal there. But when I clicked on either view cart of checkout it took me to the shop page.

You’ll want to make sure that in your WooCommerce settings in the checkout section that the cart and checkout pages are set to go to the correct, unique pages there. Let me know when you have that set and I can take a look at the totals again.

Thanks,
    Bill

Lara Marsh
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Hi Lara,

I took a look an a page in the admin. It looks like the TinyMCE script that runs the actual content box is pulling up a forbidden error when WordPress tries to load it (http://friendsofpeb.ratherthanrunning.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/wp-tinymce.php?c=1&ver=4205-20150910). Looks like there is some type of permissions or similar error there that’s keeping the editor from loading like it should.

For the checkout, it looks like they now point to the correct pages. There is a shortcode in the content of each of those pages that needs to be present to actually create the cart or checkout pages. Once the editor is up and working again, you can add these to their respective pages:

[woocommerce_cart]

[woocommerce_checkout]

Let me know how things go with the editor.

Take care,
    Bill

Lara Marsh
    Participant

Bill –

Thank you! It looks like the permissions issue was created by “hardening” the wp-includes folder from direct PHP access using the Sucuri plug-in. That is extremely strange since I have Sucuri on all my sites and have never had an issue with the TinyMCE editor. At any rate, I can “revert hardening” for now to get the edits made.

Thanks so much for finding that. I’m quite certain I wouldn’t have discovered that was the issue. 🙂

Lara

Bill Robbins

Hey Lara,

I’m glad to hear that it was a simple fix. Have a wonderful weekend and let me know if you need anything else.

Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Text in Admin mode and Woocommerce Shop Page’ is closed to new replies.