Text formatting question.

Support Area Forums Kerygma Text formatting question.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://gracewaynesboro.com
  • Author
    GraceWaynesboro
    Participant

Hi Bill! For some reason, I’m unable to indent paragraphs on my site. Whether I’m typing in Pages and copy/pasting or writing directly on my dashboard, I can neither hit “tab” (which simply highlights a different box) or “space”. Hitting the spacebar indeed moves the text over, but those changes don’t stick when I hit “update” or “publish.”

Interestingly enough, from time to time it will, but only on some of the lines of my post. Any insight here?

Bill Robbins

Excellent question. Generally speaking text isn’t indented on the web very often. As you’ve noticed WordPress editor will filter out multiple spaces and the tab button will move between sections of the editor vs adding in space too.

One thing you could try is clicking on the text tab that’s at the top of the main content box. The HTML “entity” for a space is this:

You could enter in several of those before your text to indent it.

It’s also possible to apply a text indent in a more general sense with some custom styling. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

#content p {
      	text-indent: 20px;
      }

3. Update your settings.

The downside there is it will indent all paragraphs in the main content area of your site. You won’t be able to pick and choose which ones to indent if you go that way.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

GraceWaynesboro
    Participant

Thanks for the response! On a related note, WordPress allows me to tag each blog with a specific tag or multiple tags…does the person reading my blog see these? I can’t see where they’re listed for easier perusal.

Bill Robbins

Good question. Kerygma doesn’t display tags on posts. You can use a tag cloud widget that will display the tags in use on your site and link to an archive that displays all the posts that use that tag. I think that’s about the extent of it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Text formatting question.’ is closed to new replies.