Text dissappearing

Support Area Forums Moonrise Text dissappearing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Andy McCabe
    Participant

For some reason, when editing/adding new staff pages, any entered text dissappears when I “update”. This hasn’t always been the case. Any ideas?

Bill Robbins

Andy,

That’s really odd. Have you tried disabling all your plugins and seeing if it still does that? If it does work again, try turning them on, one by one, until it stops and you’ll find where the trouble is.

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

Andy McCabe
    Participant

That was it. Thanks Bill. Here’s the at fault plugin: “HTML Regex Replace”
    I had recently migrated to a new host and URL, and was having problems finding all the hard-coded links to change.
    Thanks!
    New Question: are there supposed to “social” links on the Staff pages? I’ve got them turned on according to the check box in settings, but nothing shows on the individual pages. Ideas?

Bill Robbins

Andy,

When you’re editing or creating a staff member, do you see this in the right hand column:

That’s where the individual staff members social options are. On the individual staff member’s page, they should show up right below the name and staff title.

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Andy McCabe
    Participant

Yep, I’m seeing those in “edit” mode. They just aren’t coming through on the page.
    I have Facebook and Google+ filled out on this page: http://claimsdelegates.com/staff/wanted-xactimate-gunlsinger/
    Only the Facebook link is showing, and it’s in text. Is there supposed to be a graphic?

Maybe I need to stop adding plugins willy-nilly. 🙂

Bill Robbins

Andy,

You’re absolutely right about Google +. The reality is it wasn’t supposed to be an option which is why it isn’t showing up. There are no graphics associated with those, just a text link, so the easiest option would be to use the “Optional Field Title” and link to add that in.

If you’d like to add it into the theme you can. Go to the Appearance section and select Edit. From the list of files on your right, choose staff-meta.php and paste this before the </p> at the end of the file:

Save your changes and that will let the option work like you’d expect.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Text dissappearing’ is closed to new replies.