Test Environment for Elite or other Org Themes

Support Area Forums Elite Test Environment for Elite or other Org Themes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Adam Chetty
    Participant

Hi team,

I’m wanting to bring across a website I have already up and running online (domain and hosting etc) across to the Elite theme. My question is, how can I do this without taking the site down and in any way affecting the current site which is online. (teamphysio.co.nz) Right now I would simply like to test how I can incorporate Elite with the site before going ahead with anything permanent.

Thanks for your assistance,

Adam

Bill Robbins

Adam,

Great question. It’s always a good idea to get set up on a development site when you’re working with an existing site. How exactly you go about that can depend a bit on your web host and how they are set up.

Some hosts like WP Engine will let you create a “staging” site that’s a duplicate of your existing one. You can then do your development there and then swap them out once you’re ready.

With other hosts you may be able to add a sub-directory to your site and then install WordPress there. You can then set things up in the sub-directory and develop outside of the eyes of the public.

You could also do that with a sub-domain if you’d like.

It’s possible that your web host may be able to help you determine what will work best with their system if you ask.

If I can help, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Adam Chetty
    Participant

Thanks Bill, I think the Sub domain thing is the best option. To be fair, I should have known this but I wasnt completely sure it would work with Org themes because of its required to register for a theme etc, turns out It was a lot easier than what I thought.

On a side note, I wanted to start it out with the same layout as the Demo page, however the forum post entitled “Make My Site Look Like The Demo” doesn’t appear to be working for me? I was wanting to follow the instructions there.

Regards,

Adam

Bill Robbins

Sorry Adam. Here’s the direct link to that page:

If you need any help, let me know.

Adam Chetty
    Participant

Thank you Bill – Appreciate your amazing support, Have a lovely day.

Bill Robbins

You too Adam. Thanks again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Test Environment for Elite or other Org Themes’ is closed to new replies.