Support please

Support Area Forums Kerygma Support please

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://semillamexico.com/sitio
  • Author
    isaac epinosa
    Participant

hello friend
    I have taken to complete the site (http://semillamexico.com/sitio/)
    I have some problems and would like to help me if you can

1 | the parallax background stopped working.

2 | I would like that to be in a submenu of a page, the top menu has the style selected example preach> verse by verse. The menu “preach” has the style selected, do you help with that?

3 | in the sidebar of the podcast I love that the title of the series had a link to return to the list of podcast from the same series

and finally

4 | You helped me so that you could add a reference to the podcast but in the editing pane no longer appears to me that option.

Dude, I think are a number of things, but it would be the last, I hope you can help

I sent an email with access to the site

Thank you

Bill Robbins

Hello Isaac,

Let’s see if we can find answers to your questions.

1) Taking a look at the pages on your site like this one (http://semillamexico.com/sitio/ministerios/) it looks like the parallax is working at the top of the page. If you want you can set the overall site background to “fixed” and that will let your content move on top of the background image. In some places that will create an additional parallax effect. If you’re thinking of something else, let me know specifically what page you’re not seeing the effect.

2) You can style the “parent” of the current sub-menu item. Here’s a possible style for that:

nav#top-menu ul li.current-menu-parent a {
    	color: #fff;
    	margin: -1px;
    	padding: 9px 10px 9px;
    	border: 1px solid rgb(193, 196, 164);
    }

You’ll probably also need to add this to keep the other sub-items from having a border when they shouldn’t:

nav#top-menu ul li.current-menu-parent li a {
    	border: none;
    }

3) You can make the series title a link when viewing a single podcast. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose single-podcast.php
    3. Find this line:

echo '<h3 class="widget-title">' . $term->name . '</h3> ';

and replace it with this:

echo '<h3 class="widget-title"><a href="'.home_url().'/sitio/' . $term->slug . '">' . $term->name . '</a></h3> ';

4. Save your changes.

It looks like on your site you changed the series slug to “sitio” which is great. If you ever change it again, you’ll need to change that in the snippet above to match.

4) Reference. If I remember correctly in order to we added two page templates with the child theme: a Custom Series List and Series Landing page. I believe you have to choose one of those templates and save your page as a draft in order to have the boxes appear to make your choices.

If you’ve already done that, try clicking on the screen options tab in the top right hand corner when you’re editing one of those pages and make sure the box is checked next to those options.

If you still don’t see them, let me know.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Support please’ is closed to new replies.