Sub Menu >>> Sub Menu

Support Area Forums Elite Sub Menu >>> Sub Menu

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://wdpcweb.co.uk
  • Author
    glen hearnden
    Participant

Just building a site, but not sure if the Elite theme will let me have sub menus for a sub menu?

In my site – Under PROJECTS (in main menu), there is a four way sub menu (interior, exterior, roads, landscape). I want to then have a sub menu drop down when you hover over menu item interior (for example), that lists the projects you can look at.

I have added them in as sub menus to the ‘interior sub menu’ under the menu admin, but they just do not appear on screen? Have I missed something terribly obvious or does the Elite them not support multiple layered menus? Looked through forum, but not seen specific solution as yet.

Appreciate any guidance you can offer. Thanks in advance.
    …………………….
    By the way, is it deliberate that your forum often does not show the query, just your responses? Frustrating when used to look through for help and information, as you see the title, but never see the query raised, just your responses, which leaves you wondering what was specifically asked… Just that forums are good support areas, but only if you know what has been asked in relation to the answer given. (just something to look into)

Otherwise a great service provided. Thanks

Bill Robbins

Hello Glen,

Thank you for your business first of all. By default we have the second level of drop-down menus turned off. They have a tendency to fly out of view since the menu is close to the right hand side of the site.

You can turn them on with a bit of editing. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose header.php
    3. Look for this section:

<?php wp_nav_menu( array( 
      	'theme_location'	=> 'primary',
      	'container'		=> 'nav',
      	'container_id'		=> 'top-menu',
      	'menu_id'		=> 'primary-menu',
      	'depth'			=> 2,
      	'fallback_cb'		=> false
      	) ); ?>

and change the 2 there to a 3 and save your changes.

4. Next go to the Theme Options page and select the Advanced tab. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

nav#top-menu ul li:hover ul ul {
      	display: none;
      }

nav#top-menu ul ul li:hover ul {
      	display: block;
      	position: absolute;
      	width: auto;
      	margin: -40px 0 0 -14px;
      }

and update your settings.

That should add in a second level to the drop-down menus. Make sure to add them to the to items that are farthest from the right so there’s sufficient room.

Sorry for the general forum trouble. Our membership plugin and our forum plugin have been in a dispute over what should be seen by who. They are all visible to me so I can still answer questions — we’ve always treated the forum more like a ticketing system.

If I could ask a follow up question, are the top results hidden when you use the search feature or when you browse through one of the theme’s forums?

Thanks,
    Bill

glen hearnden
    Participant

BIG THANKYOU
    No doubt about it – you really are top dog!
    Thanks for the sub menu solution, did it just now and works a treat. 🙂

Forum query details
    The title for a forum item is shown when you search, but when you select a title/topic, you expect to see the query someone has raised along with the replies. But forum just shows your responses…to an unknown question!

Understand if your using as ticket system, makes sense. But would be useful to browse for previous questions and issues and the answers, rather than bothering you directly. You might just get a bit more free time if clients checked through first!

Best of luck with everything – keep on doing a great job.

Bill Robbins

Glen,

I’m glad that worked for you. I’ve nearly finished version 2.0 of the theme and I went on and rolled this into it as well so if you update, it’ll still be available for you.

Thanks for letting me know about the search. It sounds like it may be listing replies that are for other themes. Only the topics, which would be the top post are restricted. The replies are all open to everyone so that may be why you can see them in the search results. I’ll try to narrow that focus down a bit and see if I can keep results from other themes from displaying.

Thanks again and have a great weekend,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Sub Menu >>> Sub Menu’ is closed to new replies.