Stretch Gallery

Support Area Forums Foundation Stretch Gallery

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
URL to the page in question: http://metrokidsjax.com/
  • Author
    Dave Humphrey
    Participant

Hey Bill, quick question, is there anyway I can stretch my gallery across my whole home page? I removed my call to action widget and want the gallery to fill up the blank.

Bill Robbins

Hello Dave,

Excellent question. You can have the slider on the home page full width. Here’s how:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Style tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

#home-top {
      	width: 100%;
      }

#home-top .flexslider,
      #home-top .flexslider .slides {
      }

.flexslider .slides img {
      	max-width: none; 
      }

3. Update your settings.

If you run into any questions or trouble, let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Dave Humphrey
    Participant

OK, that worked perfectly! One last thing though, is it possible for me to shrink the picture down height wise?

Bill Robbins

You can change that. What you’ll want to do is make the images shorter before you upload them. Instead of the recommended 760 pixels wide by 506 pixels tall, keep the 760 pixels wide but make the images shorter, say 350 pixels tall. They’ll be stretched a bit so they’ll end up taller than 350 pixels on the front of your website, but they should be shorter than they were.

Let me know how that goes,
    Bill

Dave Humphrey
    Participant

OK, great, got all the pictures set to the right resolution….Hate to keep asking but have one more problem.
    I went in to change my gallery but for some reason the same pictures stay the same after I change them…

Bill Robbins

On a page that uses the gallery format, the images that are included are the ones that were uploaded while editing the page. The only way to remove an image from that type of gallery is just to delete it.

If I was creating this type of gallery today, I would make it differently so you could select more easily, but doing that would break the galleries of everyone who already has one. So unfortunately the only way to add an image is to upload it while editing a page and the only way to remove it is to delete it from the library.

You don’t have to insert the image into the page’s content though. That won’t have a bearing on which images are shown.

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Dave Humphrey
    Participant

OK, I was able to remove them, however I’m uploading photos to the galley and nothing is coming out on the site…

Bill Robbins

The only way to add images is to edit the page, then click on the add media button at the top of the main content box and upload the images you’d like to add there. If they are already in your library, you’ll have to upload them again. That’s the only way to add images to a slideshow using the gallery format.

Dave Humphrey
    Participant

I did that already, I uploaded each photo but the pictures are still not showing up…

Bill Robbins

If you want to email the photos that aren’t appearing to support@organizedthemes.com along with a login, I can add them for you tonight.

Dave Humphrey
    Participant

Unfortunately, I need it up on the site asap…

Bill Robbins

Unfortunately I can’t upload from my phone so I can’t do it for you until I’m back to my computer which will be a few hours from now.

Let’s make sure we’re talking about the same thing. We started out discussing the home page, but I thought we had switched to your gallery page.

If you need to add image to your home page slideshow, there is a quick video in the theme instructions that can show you how it works.

Bill

Dave Humphrey
    Participant

Oh yeah, I have a gallery on my home age and when I go to upload pictures they don’t show up on the site.
    Yeah I’ll check the video out. It’s on this site?

Dave Humphrey
    Participant

OK, never mind, I was able to get it!
    Thank you so much for your help Bill!

Bill Robbins

Fantastic. Take care.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Stretch Gallery’ is closed to new replies.