Static Content on top of Blog

Support Area Forums Pneuma Static Content on top of Blog

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://myquarterturns.com/arya/blog/
  • Author
    Carly Gardner
    Participant

I’ve done some research online for some .php fixes to index.php to do this but its not working with SiteOrigin.

I want to include the content of the blog page on the top of the page, before we get into the Blog itself. Is it possible to do that? Its just one link for a blog subscription.

Bill Robbins

Hi Carly,

Good question. This is really more of a WordPress limitation vs something with the page builder plugin. On the “posts page” — the blog page, WordPress ignores all the content there and instead just displays a list of your posts.

It is possible to change that if you’d like to. Not long ago WordPress started hiding the content box when you’re editing the posts page to let you know that that content won’t be visible most likely. Because of that I would suggest just adding the content directly to the index.php file. You can edit it by going to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and clicking on edit. The files will be listed on your right.

Right below this line:

<div id="content" class="site-content" role="main">

You can add in your content. I would probably wrap it in some HTML so it’s like this:

(see support site for code)

That way there are some hooks to style it with if necessary. Save your changes and that should do it.

Hope that helps out,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Static Content on top of Blog’ is closed to new replies.