Static content on home page instead of slide show or video

Support Area Forums Foundation Static content on home page instead of slide show or video

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Bryan St. Amour
    Participant

How can I go about inserting static content on the home page instead of a slide show or a video?

Bill Robbins

Bryan,

The way to add in the static content would depend on exactly what you’d like to add. I believe you can insert any basic HTML into the field for the video code and then select to display a video. That should add your static content in place of the video.

The box won’t let you execute any server side scripts such as PHP though.

If you run into trouble, let me know what you’d like to insert and I’ll help you find the best way to add it.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bryan St. Amour
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Sorry about responding so late. The video box will not let me insert certain html, such as img tags, or h tags. It does however accept strong tags. Is there another way to add static content to the front page that won’t break the theme?

Bill Robbins

Bryan,

Since you’ll be inserting HTML anyway, why don’t we just place it in the theme in place of the video code. Some types of WordPress fields will strip out HTML tags as a security measure to keep people from executing malicious code. Here’s what you can do.

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose home.php
    3. Look for this spot:

<?php echo $up_options->home_video_code; ?>

4. Replace that with the code you were going to insert.
    5. Save your changes.

That should take care of that for you. Let me know if you have questions or trouble,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Static content on home page instead of slide show or video’ is closed to new replies.