staff

Support Area Forums Foundation staff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    kriz cortes
    Participant

Bill,
    how can the staff page template be organized with/by the staff categories, instead of just showing all the staff in a long list?

how can i hide the username of the author of a post ?

Bill Robbins

Organize Staff: The first thing you’ll want to do is create “staff groups” for your staff members. These will be used to create the staff “pages” later on. They work basically like categories do for posts. You can create as many as you need. Just be sure to add each staff member to at least one group.

Once you have your groups, go to the navigation builder (Appearance > Menus). You should see a box in the left hand column under pages for Staff Groups. If you don’t, click the “Screen Options” tab in the top right hand corner and make sure the box next to Staff Groups is checked.

Now you can add your staff groups to your navigation just like you would a page or category. This will create unique “pages” for each staff group. Save your changes and you’re done.

Username: Under the user’s profile page, WordPress gives you several different options for how that user’s name should be listed publicly. The use a combination of the user’s listed first name and last name as well as the username of that person. Swapping the username (the default) for a proper name would be the easiest way to make that change.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Christina K.
    Participant

stupid question, is there a certain size the staff pictures have to be?
    http://milton.erickson-foundation.org/?staff=roxanna-erickson-klein-rn-ms-phd

Bill Robbins

Not a stupid question. They are set up so the single view of a staff member will use a 400 pixel square image and the list view will shrink that down to a 200 pixel square. That way the same image will look good in both situations.

Let me know if you have any other questions,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘staff’ is closed to new replies.