Staff types and menu?

Support Area Forums Foundation Staff types and menu?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Julie Bennett
    Participant

From what I’m reading, I can have different pages for different staff type, by adding those types to my main menu.

But I’m not seeing a way to do this! My staff types aren’t showing up in the list of pages I can add to the menu. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Julie

Bill Robbins

Julie,

You can create different staff types and add those directly to your menu to create a “page” for each of those staff types. They aren’t actually created using WordPress page templates, but are instead created dynamically in a fashion similar to how adding a post category to your navigation creates a “page” for that category.

Here is a screenshot that shows adding a staff type while creating a staff member:

and here is another shot showing how to add that type to your navigation (Appearance>Menu):

If you don’t see the option to add a staff type to an individual member, or the option to add it to your navigation, be sure to click the “Screen Options” tab in the top right hand corner of both pages. From there you can make sure that the staff type box is checked so you can add a type and then add it to your navigation.

If you need help with using the navigation builder (it’s in the appearance section under menu), there is a screencast about it in our video section.

Should you need any other help, please just let me know.

Julie Bennett
    Participant

Thank you! It was the screen options bit I was missing so the Type was visible. And, in doing that, I figured out how to answer my other question about blog pages, using the Category tag.

Bill Robbins

I’m glad you were able to find what you were looking for there. Let me know if you need anything else.

emilia farrace
    Participant

Hi – I’m trying to follow these directions, but I’m unable to see “Staff Type” – even under “screen options”.

It seems to be missing?

If I can complete this – will I be able to create additional Staff Pages? I don’t want all staff listed on one page. If this “staff type” issue is fixed, can this solve that problem as well?

Thanks!
    Emilia

Bill Robbins

Emilia,

The “Staff Type” or “Staff Group” from the other themes hadn’t made its way into the Agency Theme yet, but since I was uploading the fix we discussed earlier today anyway, I went on and added it.

You can download the update and that will add the ability to use multiple staff lists to the theme. The page template will show everyone in one list, but you can use the “Staff Group” to split them out.

Let me know if you need any help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Staff types and menu?’ is closed to new replies.