Staff Section

Support Area Forums Authentic Staff Section

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Paul Tibbets
    Participant

Hi Bill,

What is the best way to set up “Staff?”

How do I get it on my navigation? Category? Page? Post? And then for each separate Staff member?

Thanks

Bill Robbins

Great question Paul,

The staff section is organized around “Staff Groups.” Basically these are like categories for your staff members. You can use them to create multiple lists of your staff which could be useful if you need to group them together by role or common ministries.

To add your staff members to your staff groups, create or edit a staff member. Look in the right hand column and you’ll see a section for staff groups. Any existing groups will be listed there and there will be a blank at the bottom of the box that you can use to create a new group. Add that staff member to a staff group and then save/publish them. Repeat that for all your other staff.

Next go to the Appearance section and select Menus. On the left hand side you may see “Staff Groups.” If you don’t, then click the “Screen Options” tab in the top right hand corner and make sure the box next to staff groups is checked.

Then go back to the left hand column and you should see a spot for staff groups. You can then add your groups directly to your navigation menu. That will create a “page” for each group.

Even if you only need to have one list, you’ll need to create one group to add them to your navigation.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Paul Tibbets
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I knew there had to be a “unique” way of doing this.

Thank you for the directions on how to do it.

Bill Robbins

Always glad to help out. Have a great day!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Staff Section’ is closed to new replies.