Staff Page Problems

Support Area Forums Progress Staff Page Problems

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    George Brown
    Participant

Hello Bill,

I’m adding staff, selecting their featured photos and putting in bio’s. This all shows fine on the main staff page, but if you click on any staff members (to see the full bio) you get a “page not found” message. What am I doing wrong?

http://66.147.244.79/~jacobsh2/

Thanks,
    Carl

Bill Robbins

Carl,

Sorry for the trouble, Here’s what will most likely fix that for you.

1. Go to the Settings section of your WordPress control panel and select “Permalinks.”
    2. Click save.
    3. Once the page refreshes, click save again.

That generally will get the links working properly. If you still have trouble, try setting the permalinks to the default setting. Then see if the pages work. If they do, then you can go back to one the prettier options.

Let me know if you run into any trouble,
    Bill

George Brown
    Participant

That did the trick! – Thanks

PS – While I have you, do you recommend a specific tutorial, book or website to learn WordPress. I’m a graphic designer with some basic HTML knowledge and have worked in Dreamweaver, but WordPress is all new to me:)

Thanks again,
    Carl

Bill Robbins

Carl,

Glad that worked for you.

For a good all-around WordPress book, WordPress For Dummies by Lisa Sabin-Wilson is nice starting point.

Moving beyond that, two other good books are Smashing WordPress and Professional WordPress. Those books get more into the programming aspects of creating/modifying themes and plugins.

If I can help with anything, just let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Staff Page Problems’ is closed to new replies.