Staff Page layout not working

Support Area Forums Grassroots Staff Page layout not working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://108.167.189.17/~beaconam/staff-group/founders/
  • Author
    Karlson Rapp
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    The staff page is not lining up correctly. It is only showing two across. I thought it might be an issue with the image sizes since our admin set up the staff people with inconsistent image sizes. I swapped out one of your demo images and it will not work. I tried the fix you suggested to another forum post but it did not work. I also tried messing with the CSS clearing, margins etc but no luck. Do you have any ideas?

Karlson

Bill Robbins

Hello Karlson,

As I’m looking at that, I think the title is getting counted as the first child there instead of the first staff member. It’s lined up like it should be on the staff page template and that appears to be the only difference. Let’s tackle it like this:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose taxonomy-staff-group.php
    3. Replace everything in the file with this:

4. Save your changes.

That seems to make things line up for me. I’ll roll that into the next update as well. I’ll probably publish it at the end of the week. If you run into trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Karlson Rapp
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    We are almost there. The first three staff members list inline then it breaks on the third staff in the second row.
    I have a child theme setup. Is it alright to update the parent theme with this code and then when you push out the update it will just update correctly?

Bill Robbins

I believe I know how to square those up. Overriding these types of selectors with additional CSS is not very simple to do, especially since they change inside media queries too.

I’ll go on and push out the update tonight. Give it a shot and let me know if they don’t line up then.

Thanks,
    Bill

Karlson Rapp
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    You are the Man! The update did the trick. Thanks. I’m not to versed in WordPress. I know just enough to give me the confidence to spend hours trouble shooting it or just enough to get me into trouble. I really appreciate your fast and reliable support!

Karlson

Bill Robbins

Glad that helped out Karlson. WordPress is fun to learn how to customize and adapt to your needs. I never set out to start a theme business, but had so much fun it’s what ended up happening 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Staff Page layout not working’ is closed to new replies.