Staff page

Support Area Forums Epic Staff page

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://weber-entertainment.com/staff/
  • Author
    Lindsay Hoeflinger
    Participant

Is there a way to have staff group headings on the staff page, to break up the groups? I’ve put them all in separate groups but they all just run together on the page- there’s no distinction to which group they belong in. Just a page break with the grouping or something similar?

Bill Robbins

Hello Lindsay,

Great question there. Instead of using the staff page template (since that just lists all the staff members) what you can do is add your staff groups directly to your navigation menu. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Menus. On the left hand side look for staff groups. If you don’t see it there, click on the screen options tab in the top right corner and make sure the box next to staff groups is checked.

You should then be able to select a staff group and add it to your navigation like you would a page or post category. Then update your menu once you have it placed where you want it to go.

That should give you “pages” that have just one staff group in them. Technically it’s a dynamic archive and not a page, but you get the idea.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Lindsay Hoeflinger
    Participant

Hey Bill-

Thank you- that works great! One more question, if I may- now that I’ve done that, if you click on the staff bar without clicking on a drop down link- it will take you to a page where they are all listed like before- is there a way to make the staff tab just a drop down header and not a clickable page link? (Disclaimer: I’m very new at this, so I apologize if this is a stupid question!)

Bill Robbins

That’s a great question and it’s not something that’s obvious how to do either (though it’s not hard).

In the menu section again, look in the left hand column for a section labeled link and click on it. In the field for the URL, remove the http:// that’s there by default and replace it with a:

#

Below that, enter the text that you’d like to have in your navigation menu and then add that link to it. Position it with your staff groups below it and then update your menu.

See if that doesn’t let you have a placeholder of sorts in your menu. Let me know if it gives you any trouble.

Lindsay Hoeflinger
    Participant

THANK YOU! That works perfectly now!!

Bill Robbins

Fantastic. Let me know if you need anything else.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Staff page’ is closed to new replies.