Staff groups

Support Area Forums Forward Staff groups

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question: http://musicaction.org
  • Author
    Anastasia Connor
    Participant

Hello again,

I’ve successfully managed to sort out my customised sidebar menus for each page. However, in the process I’ve lost staff group functionality so now each staff group page displays the entire list rather than its particular staff group. It was all working fine before I created customised sidebars.

Thanks very much,

Anastasia x

Bill Robbins

Anastasia,

Add staff groups bypasses the actual pages section in WordPress. Technically they are a archive and not a page (like a category of posts or tags). So the staff that’s listed here is the original staff page you created. That template pulls all the staff members into one list like you’re seeing.

If you want to show staff groups individually, but need to keep the sub-page widget here’s what you’ll need to do.

Remove the original staff page. I would delete it completely. Then create a new page for each staff group and make them child pages of the correct page in your site.

What we will do is redirect these pages to your staff groups. I would install a plugin called WordPress SEO by Yoast. It’s main function is to allow you to craft good titles and descriptions for Google and other search engines. It also has the ability to redirect pages or posts.

Once the plugin has been activated, there will be a new box down below the main content box when you’re editing a page. There is a tab there labeled Advanced. Click on it and you’ll see a field for a redirect URL. In that field, enter the URL to the staff group that corresponds to the page you’re working on. Update your page when you’ve added that. Repeat that for all the other groups/pages.

That should give you a list in your pages of your staff groups that now redirect where they should go.

Take care,
    Bill

Anastasia Connor
    Participant

All sorted!

Thanks,

Ax

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Staff groups’ is closed to new replies.