Staff groups displayed on separate pages

Support Area Forums Forward Staff groups displayed on separate pages

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    J
    Participant

Hi Bill,

We have 3 staff groups that we’d like to display on separate pages. Please advise how this can be done. All 3 groups are currently being displayed on one page, which we don’t want.

Thanks in advance!

Bill Robbins

Hi,

You can do that. Instead of using WordPress pages for your staff, you’ll want to add your staff groups directly to the navigation menu. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and click on Menus. On the left hand side you’ll see the content that can be added to your menus. Click on Staff Groups and then choose the ones you’d like to add to your menu.

If you don’t see staff groups there, click on the screen options tab in the top right corner of the screen and make sure the box by staff groups is checked.

Update your menu and that will do it.

Take care,
    Bill

J
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your usual swift reply.

I had already done what you suggested, however all our ‘staff’ members appear on one page still instead of the 3 different pages (one page for each of the 3 groups) that we’d like them to appear on.

Kind wishes,

Jevon

Bill Robbins

This won’t change the staff page template. It will always display all staff from every staff group. It’s just there for organizations that need a single, simple list of staff.

It looks like the board of directors in your navigation menu are both using the staff page template. Go to pages and delete that page so it won’t accidentally end up back there. Then add the staff groups directly to the navigation menu. It won’t be an actual “page” but will be a dynamic archive of all staff in the selected staff group.

Take care,
    Bill

J
    Participant

Thanks Bill,

I kept just one staff group listed (Partners) in the staff feature and created 2 new unrelated pages to display our Beneficiaries and Board of Advisors. Seems to be a workable solution.

Another question, please:

I’ve installed the Ultimate Social Media Icons plugin and I’m hoping to display our social media icons below the footer where the copyright is and to the right of page there – so that they appear just to the left of your Organised Themes icon. Currently the social media icons are sitting in our footer and making it quite messy, so I hope the above wish is possible.

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Jevon,

Most likely you’ll have to keep those icons in a widget area like they are now. While you can add HTML or just plain text to the right hand side of the footer, there’s not a spot there for widgets or shortcodes.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Staff groups displayed on separate pages’ is closed to new replies.