Staff groups

Support Area Forums Forward Staff groups

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: musicaction.org
  • Author
    Anastasia Connor
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I know I’ve asked this before and it worked but I’m having problems with Staff Group categories. If you recall you suggested using an SEO plugin. It worked. Now I’ve been asked to add another staff group and the same things happening again, i.e. rather than showing just one staff group it’s showing all of the staff lists together.
    When I introduced the plugin you recommended, there was a box on the screen that allowed to redirect the page to a particular URL. Now it’s seems to have gone. Not sure if it’s got something to do with the update.

Thank you and have a lovely weekend,

Anastasia x

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Anastasia,

I think what may be happening here is a cross over between a taxonomy (staff group) name and the name of a post type (staff). So instead of showing an archive of just one staff group, it’s showing the archive of the post type which would be all of the staff.

Try having a different name for the staff group and see if that doesn’t help separate them. You may have to add the staff group to the navigation menu again after you make the change.

If you’re ever missing a box like the SEO one in the WordPress admin, try editing a page where you expect it to appear. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and make sure it’s not minimized. There is a down arrow on the right hand side of these boxes that you can use to make them smaller. If you don’t see it there, then click the screen options tab in the top right hand corner and make sure the box next to it is checked there.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Have a great weekend too ?

Bill

Anastasia Connor
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I’m sorry it’s working out to be such a nightmare. It’s still not working. Re screen option, etc. I know all about them and I’ve already checked. I can’t work out where that box has disappeared. When I used the plugin to remedy the same situation last time it worked a treat. 🙁

Axx

Bill Robbins

Do you mind if I log in and take a look?

Anastasia Connor
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Thanks. I had been looking at the “staff” staff group. Looking at the admin side, it appears that there are 28 staff added to the Harmonise team and it looks like that’s how many are showing up on the front end. Each page has 3 staff showing (that’s set in reading settings) and there are 10 pages. The last one shows only 1 staff.

The SEO plugin has me stumped though. I tried deactivating all other plugins and had no luck tracking down its missing box. I also installed a copy of TwentyFifteen and it also had the same issue not it’s not theme related.

You need redirects so let’s use a separate plugin for that. Here are three with wide usage:

For the actual SEO functionality that you’re getting with Yoast, you can post a question in their support forum at WordPress.org (https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wordpress-seo).

I also tried exporting the plugin’s data and then deleting it to attempt a reinstallation. WordPress couldn’t delete the theme folder due so I can’t reinstall it. Lovely. If you want to add it back it’ll have to be done via FTP.

You could also go with a competitor like All In One SEO.

Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Staff groups’ is closed to new replies.