Staff Group formatting problem with content display

Support Area Forums Live Staff Group formatting problem with content display

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Deborah Gabriel
    Participant

I have managed to create a staff group called ‘Team’ which I am displaying on the site as a page after adding it to the navigation via the menu function. However, I have noticed that although the content is formatted with justified text and links in the staff edit page, on my website it appears unformatted. The ‘read more’ link does not appear so I have had to reduce the text to fit the space. The full stop does not even appear on the web page at the end of the text. It may seem I am being fussy and I probably am, but is there any way to correct this? http://blackbritishacademics.co.uk/staff-group/team/

Thanks
    Deborah

Bill Robbins

Deborah,

The staff section is made to only display a small excerpt of the full staff bio there to keep the layout from getting unruly. Like just about anything, you’re welcome to change it.

You might use a plugin like Advanced Excerpt to customize the amount of text shown and how the excerpt ends (ellipsis, read more link and so on).

If you’d rather edit the theme, you can do that too. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, chose taxonomy-staff-group.php.
    3. Replace this line:

<php the_excerpt(); ?>

with this one:

4. Save your changes.

That will display the full content in your staff groups. You may need to apply some styling there as the layout was created for that much text.

Let me know if you need any help,
    Bill

Deborah Gabriel
    Participant

Thanks Bill – I followed your instructions to edit the theme and it worked perfectly!

Bill Robbins

Fantastic! Enjoy your evening.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Staff Group formatting problem with content display’ is closed to new replies.