Staff email links not working

Support Area Forums Grassroots Staff email links not working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://audiogirlministries.com/staff/sylviaaimerito-2/
  • Author
    AudioGirl
    Participant

None of the staff email links connect; just shows PAGE NOT FOUND.

Please advise.
    Thanks,

L

Bill Robbins

Looks like that needs a mailto: in the link. I’ll add that in the next update.

AudioGirl
    Participant

That works BUT ‘mailto:’ shows up on the website as part of the email address. That doesn’t look good at all. Now what?

Bill Robbins

Sorry, I’m not intending for you to add it in. Just leave the email address and I’ll patch it in the next theme update. That way the front end will show just the address but when clicked it will be a mailto: address.

AudioGirl
    Participant

So, in the meantime we can’t use that feature? My only option then is to add the email address in the text portion of the staff page and link from there? When is the next theme update?

Bill Robbins

You should still use it. The email address will still display and for the majority of your visitors that’s all they’ll want or need. Most people do not have their computers set up to take advantage of mailto links so the most important part is to have address visible.

I’ll push out an update for it this week. We just had an update on the 27th and I don’t like to have them too close together unless it’s a substantial issue. If it’s a vital bug then I’ll always roll out an immediate update.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Staff email links not working’ is closed to new replies.