Staff Category using WP Touch

Support Area Forums Foxy Staff Category using WP Touch

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Gary Sorensen
    Participant

Hey Bill,

we bought WP Touch Pro to make our site more accessible on mobile devices. When I set up the mobile navigation menu I tried to link the ‘Design Team’ page, which is really a Staff Group. Long story short, it doesn’t work. I believe the issue to be the fact it is a Staff Group rather than a page. Did I miss something?

In some of your other themes I see an actual ‘Staff Page’, but I didn’t see one in Foxy. Since we only have one group is there a way to make it a page?

As always, thanks for your help.

Bill Robbins

I’ll be honest, I haven’t had any experience with the WP Touch plugin so I can’t speak to how it’s actually created or implemented.

The Staff section is built on a custom post type. When these post types were first introduced, they did not have a way built to display an archive of them. So my first method to display them was via a page that used a custom query to display the results.

I had several requests for the ability to use multiple listings, so I added support for a custom taxonomy (staff group) so you could create multiple lists that were separate. This also worked well because even after WordPress added support for custom post type archives, they did not include them in the navigation builder (you have to add a custom link to them). Custom taxonomies are included by default.

My guess is that the theme that the plugin uses doesn’t have the support for the custom post type/custom taxonomy in it directly. I didn’t see mention of it on their website. Since you can create a custom theme to use for the mobile site, you could probably add the support there. That’s where I’d start at least.

Let me know if you have trouble and enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Gary Sorensen
    Participant

Thanks Bill,

Thought it might be something like that. I will give it a shot. I appreciate it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Staff Category using WP Touch’ is closed to new replies.