Staff and Menu Items not showing up

Support Area Forums Foxy Staff and Menu Items not showing up

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://906.e4a.myftpupload.com/
  • Author
    Jason Cannon
    Participant

I have uploaded Foxy to my new host (GoDaddy). I’ve added a few menu items and am unable to find the setting to make the menu items show up in the navigation.

Bill Robbins

Hello Jason,

Great question. The food section is built around menu groups. These work like categories do for posts. You’ll want to add the menu items that you’d like to display together to the same menu groups. Like Appetizers, Sandwiches, Desserts and so on.

To add a menu group, go to Food in your WordPress dashboard and click on Menu Groups. You can add new groups on this screen and edit existing ones. Once you have them created, edit any food item and look in the right hand column for the menu group box. You can use this box to add that food item to the menu group. Once you update/publish the food item, it’ll be part of that group.

Then you can add your menu group to the site navigation. That will create a “page” that displays the items in that menu group together. To do that, go to Appearance in your dashboard and click on menus. On the left hand side look for menu groups. If you don’t see them there, click the screen options tab in the top right hand corner and check the box next to it. You should then be able to add your menu groups to your navigation menus like you would a page. Once you update your navigation, the menu groups should be present.

There is also a way to insert any menu group into a page’s content using what’s called a shortcode. You can find out about that in the theme instructions at https://support.organizedthemes.com/foxy/

Let me know if you have any questions,
    Bill

Jason Cannon
    Participant

Thanks for the help. That fixed THAT problem.
    Now my problem involves the site not showing the content of menu pages. It was working fine earlier, then I activated my full-time URL from the temp URL I was using with GoDaddy, and now clicking on items on the left-hand navbar brings back a content not found message. Not sure what the problem is as all my menu items are still viewable in the dashboard.
    http://www.breadheadbistro.com

Bill Robbins

Try going to settings in your WordPress dashboard and click on Permalinks. Scroll down to the bottom a and save them. That will clear out the permalink cache and that fixes about 95% of not found errors in WordPress.

Let me know if you run into trouble,
    Bill

Jason Cannon
    Participant

Thank you so much! That fixed it. Can’t recommend you and your company and themes highly enough!

Bill Robbins

Thanks Jason…I really appreciate it 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Staff and Menu Items not showing up’ is closed to new replies.