Sponsors Page

Support Area Forums Foundation Sponsors Page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Karen Sheeran
    Participant

Hi,
    I read the posts on this subject but I’m still confused. I added sponsors, I added sponsors categories, I linked the two together. I created a sponsors page and put it in the menu bar. I see the Sponsors Group and the bottom of the appearance/menu bar section but, how do I link the sponsor group to the sponsors page? And what template should I use or does that matter?

Thanks Karen

Karen Sheeran
    Participant

One other thing. I added the “Sponsors group” to the menu bar under “Sponsors” and it says there’s no such page. I’m still confused.

Thanks again.
    Karen

Bill Robbins

Karen,

Sorry for the confusion; let me see if I can help.

You’ve already created sponsors and added them to sponsor categories (Sponsor Groups) which is great.

Adding your sponsors to your navigation to create a “page” for them is more like adding a post category to your navigation then a typical page. You don’t actually create a “page” for them and set a page template, you just add your sponsor group to the navigation directly. That will create a “page” that is an archive of all the sponsors you’ve added to that sponsor group.

In the demo the sponsor page is created this way. We actually have a sponsor group called “Corporate” that all these sponsors are part of. We just added that group to the navigation to create a page for them.

You can use the sponsor groups to create just one list where you add all of your sponsors, or you can use them for multiple listings if you need to break your sponsors out into more than one page.

I hope that helps clear things up a bit. If you need any other help with this or something else, just let me know.

Bill

Karen Sheeran
    Participant

Ok I think the problem was that my sponsor are still in “draft” format so they are not showing up. Would that be the case?

Thanks,
    Karen

Bill Robbins

Karen, that’s true. Only content that is set to “published” will be visible on the front of your site. Try changing them to published and see if you can see them then. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Karen Sheeran
    Participant

On your demo the Sponsors page shows just the logo and then when you click the logo you go to the logo with the description. How do you set the sponsors page up to work that way?

Thanks,
    Karen

Bill Robbins

The logo is the “featured image” for that sponsor. There is a quick screencast in our video section that walks you through featured images if you need help there.

Once you assign the image, then the theme will cause the “Sponsor Group” to look like the demo after it’s been added to your navigation.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Sponsors Page’ is closed to new replies.