Sponsor Widget – Remove default link to sponsor page

Support Area Forums Grassroots Sponsor Widget – Remove default link to sponsor page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question: http://jfs.dmediasites.com
  • Author
    Suzi Berman
    Participant

Hello! Searched the forum but could not find answer: Is it possible to have sponsor logos NOT link to the sponsor page? If yes how do I make that happen?

We don’t want sponsor pages. We simply want the sponsor logos to not have a link of any kind. If they must link, rather it open a new tab and go to the sponsor’s website, not ours. Thank you!

Organized Themes
    Participant

Hi Suzi,

In the URL section, simply add this symbol #

Cheers

Sam

Suzi Berman
    Participant

Hello, there is not an option to put in a URL in the sponsor widget or on the image itself.

Suzi Berman
    Participant

Hello. This issue is not resolved. Can you help me? See the sponsor logos at the bottom of the Home Page? http://jfs.dmediasites.com/  … This is done using the Sponsor Widget that came with the Theme. Each logo links to a page on the website generated by the Widget/Theme (we did not create these pages). We want the logos to not link to anything. How do we turn off the linking?

Organized Themes
    Participant

Hi Suzi,

I have contacted Bill regarding this and he should be in touch shortly.

Apologies for the delay.

Regards,

Samuel

Bill Robbins

Great question. It is possible to do that. There are two main ways you could go about that. The first would be to use a plugin like Header and Footer Scripts (https://wordpress.org/plugins/header-and-footer-scripts/) that allows you to insert a bit of javascript into your site. You could use that to add this to your site’s footer (preferable) or header:

<script>
         var c = jQuery('.slick-item a').contents().unwrap();
    </script>

That will remove the links, but leave the images with some javascript. The other option would be to edit the theme directly and remove the links that way. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the Appearance section of your WordPress dashboard and click on Editor
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose widget-sponsors.php and locate this line:

<div id="slick-<?php the_ID(); ?>" class="slick-item"><a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" rel="bookmark"><?php the_post_thumbnail('sponsor-small' ); ?></a></div>

3. Change that line to be like this:

(See support site for code)

and save your changes.

Hopefully one of those two will do the trick for you. If you run into trouble, let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

Suzi Berman
    Participant

Thank you Bill! I will give one of these a try and let you know.

Suzi Berman
    Participant

Option #1 worked like a charm. Thank you!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Sponsor Widget – Remove default link to sponsor page’ is closed to new replies.