Sponsor Image Sizes etc.

Support Area Forums Forward Sponsor Image Sizes etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://vaeec.org/newsite2016/members/
  • Author
    Kelley Galownia
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I sincerely apologize for the explosion of questions. Thanks again for being such a great help!

I’m trying to make our sponsor page look a little more put together by having all of the logos the same sizes with the same positioning. Ideally, this page will be separated out by sponsorship level, and the logos will be organized in a tiled structure so that they all align. Also, when someone clicks the logo, I’d like them to then be directed straight to that sponsor’s website. Do you have any advice as to how to go about doing this?

Thanks so much again for your help!
    Kelley

Bill Robbins

Hi Kelley,

You can use this plugin https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6160765/Plugins/forward-sponsor-shortcode.zip . What it does is create a shortcode to display a sponsor group list. Into the content of a page or post, you can use type this:

[sponsor group="core"]

where core is the url slug of the sponsor group you want to show. You can find the slug by going to sponsors in your dashboard. The slugs will be listed next to the group’s name in the table there.

You wouldn’t want to use the staff page template with this; just a regular old page. You can place text, headings, images, videos or just about anything else above or below each group to set them up however you like.

The best way to keep the sponsors consistent size wise is to resize all the images before uploading to the exact same dimensions. The length of the sponsor’s name will impact the overall size of the sponsor since longer names will take up more space. There’s not really a way around that unless everyone has names that are pretty consistent.

Take care,
    Bill

Kelley Galownia
    Participant

Hey Bill,

So this is the message that came up when I tried activating that code:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare forward_plugin_sponsor_shortcode() (previously declared in /home/content/15/8843115/html/newsite2016/wp-content/plugins/forward-sponsor-shortcode/forward-sponsor-shortcode.php:18) in /home/content/15/8843115/html/newsite2016/wp-content/plugins/forward-sponsor-shortcode-2/forward-sponsor-shortcode.php on line 60

Any ideas?

Kelley Galownia
    Participant

Also, is there a way to get rid of the sponsor names and just have the logo?

Bill Robbins

Sounds like you already had the plugin active or you’ve updated to the most recent version of the theme that was just released. It includes the shortcode making the plugin no longer necessary.

You can hide the sponsor’s names with this CSS:

.sponsor-title { display: none; }

With my kids just out of school, we’re actually out on vacation. I will be checking for questions, though just not as often as during a normal work day.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Sponsor Image Sizes etc.’ is closed to new replies.