Sponsor Description Page

Support Area Forums Progress Sponsor Description Page

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Tony Dylan-Hyde
    Participant

Hi Bill

I’m having some difficulty with sponsors and hope you can guide me. I am able to get a sponsors page into my menu (not visible now until I figure this out). But unlike the demo where clicking one of the logos takes the visitor to a more detailed page about the sponsor, I’m simply getting a page not found error.

I have 2 sponsors set up in the group named “sponsors.” I added the sponsor group to my main menu. When I couldn’t access the sponsor details I created a page and used the sponsor template. Same problem.

I know it’s something simple but I’m just not getting it.

Thanks in advance.
    Tony

Tony Dylan-Hyde
    Participant

You can disregard this, Bill. For whatever reason it seems to be working just fine now.

Bill Robbins

Tony,

I’m glad it started working for you. In case that happens again, here’s what you may want to try first.

Go to the Settings section of your WordPress control panel and select Permalinks.
    Click the save button.
    Once the page refreshes, click save again.

That generally fixes issues with sponsors and staff turning up as not being found.

If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Tony Dylan-Hyde
    Participant

Many thanks, Bill. Could you take a look at this and let me know what I might be doing wrong.

http://www.advancingcompassion.org/sponsor-group/supporters/
    http://www.advancingcompassion.org/sponsor-group/beneficiaries/

These are two separate sponsor groups and I’ve attached each group to my main menu. But in the group lists, I would like to:

1. remove the date, the poster’s name, make a comment
    2. change the ellipses at the cut-off point to a “read more” tag.

Alternatively, it would be better to have a list of logos with information about each company on the linked page like you have in your demo.

Tony Dylan-Hyde
    Participant
    Bill Robbins

Tony,

I just put up an update to the theme this morning that adds that file. You can also use either a FTP program or your web host’s control panel to add this. Here’s what the current version looks like:

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Tony Dylan-Hyde
    Participant

Awesome, as always. Thanks Bill!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Sponsor Description Page’ is closed to new replies.