Space Between Hero and Foot

Support Area Forums Elite Space Between Hero and Foot

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.lostcottageart.com
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

Bill,

I’m getting a space between my Hero Image and Footer when using the Hero Only template that show a sliver of my background. Any ideas why?

Bill Robbins

I gave a look at your Gallery page (that’s the one I spotted with this template) and didn’t see a space in Chrome, Firefox or Safari. Which browser and version are you seeing that on and which URL if it’s different?

Matt
    Participant

I just checked and I just updated to v.35. It’s on this page http://lostcottageart.com/gallery/artwork/

Matt
    Participant

I’m using Firefox.

Bill Robbins

Hey Matt,

It may not be possible to use that template with the gallery format. Sometimes the slideshow’s script has a difficult time calculating the height of the slideshow when it’s full screen like that. It cause extra space to randomly appear. You will probably need to go with the default template instead of the hero only.

Bill

Matt
    Participant

Ok, So I guess the original intention for the Hero Only template is to be used with a featured image instead of a gallery.

I was just looking another way to display my gallery only without having an empty page underneath and a sidebar.

Would I be able to add a thumbnail gallery (similar to the Shop) below for my artwork images or is this theme not really setup for that?

Thanks again,
    Matt

Bill Robbins

What I would probably do is choose a default page and go with the full width option. Skip on the hero for that page. Then use a plugin like Soliloquy that’s made for normal sized sliders and add in your content that way.

You certainly can use a lightbox gallery if you’d rather go that route. Totally up to you.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Space Between Hero and Foot’ is closed to new replies.