Social network icons – new page

Support Area Forums Forward Social network icons – new page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Karen Sykes
    Participant

Hi Bill, sorry for the newbie questions. I think I messed up the social icon menu somehow, because at first it appeared with all of the various icons available, then it disappeared (user error no doubt). I simply added a social networks menu as my second (right aligned) nav and added custom links for FB and YT, which auto populated the icons. Unfortunately, since I deleted or hid (or…) your professional social network nav, I can’t get the FB and YT icons to pop up in a new window – no settings anywhere. Is there a way for me to re-load your original second menu? thanks

Bill Robbins

So sorry I missed this post this morning Karen.

WordPress has several options for navigation menu items. What you’ll want to do is edit your menu in the Menus section of your dashboard. Find the item you’d like to change and click the down arrow on the right hand side of it. That will open up a panel of options including a checkbox to open the link in a new window. Check those on the items you’d like to change and save your menu.

That should take care of it for you.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Karen Sykes
    Participant

Thanks Bill. I FINALLY figured out the specific boxes I had to check – drop down screen options, look at Show Advanced Menu Properties, and click the check box by Link Target. THEN my links (both in menus and in any custom links anywhere on any page) give me an option to launch in new window. In case anyone else is as basic as I am in WordPress. Thanks for starting me down the path…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Social network icons – new page’ is closed to new replies.