Social Media

Support Area Forums Epic Social Media

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Vince Williams
    Participant

I am looking for a Social media plugin or someway to put the icons and links to facebook, youtube, vimeo in the theme.

Is there a plugin you would suggest or a custom way to put the icons in the menu bar at the top or at the footer at the bottom?

Also thanks for all the great themes and all the help!

Bill Robbins

Vince,

Glad to hear you’re liking the theme. For Epic, I built the social media links into the contact widget (some of our other themes have them in the header or footer). You can actually use an instance of the widget with nothing but social media links if you’d like to.

The next easiest option is to add some custom links to your navigation menu. You can add those in the left hand column of the navigation builder (Appearance > Menu). Just enter the URL to your Facebook page for example and then use Facebook as the label. Then add that to the navigation. It won’t have the icon, but it would be a link in your header.

I hope that helps out. Let me know if you have any other questions,
    Bill

Vince Williams
    Participant

SO how much work would it be to take the Social Media Bar from the Footer on the progress theme or the navigation bar from the Foundation theme and place them into the epic theme? I would really like the Foundation bar?

Also if you look at the test site I have under ministries, Adult, Children and Students, when you select any of those there appears to be some kind of space issue going to the
    next menu.

Thanks

Vince Williams
    Participant

You had said “You can actually use an instance of the widget with nothing but social media links if you’d like to. ” In the earlier post could you expand on what you mean by that?
    Thanks

Bill Robbins

Vince,

Adding the icons to the header of footer can be done, but it would take a bit of work. The social icons that are part of the theme are too big to fit in the header. That’s the only spot where they could go without requiring any additional code (other than some styling).

If it is possible, I’d just use the contact widget. You can leave everything blank, except for the links to your various social media profiles and you’ll end up with a widget that only has those icons in it. The widget is set to only items when there is content. If you leave the map, address, time and so on blank, they won’t be displayed.

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Vince Williams
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks, Maybe I will try another Theme also.
    Thanks Again
    Vince

Bill Robbins

Awesome. Enjoy!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Social Media’ is closed to new replies.