Social Icons ONLY SHOW UP on ONE page

Support Area Forums Grassroots Social Icons ONLY SHOW UP on ONE page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://http://lincolnucc.org/home/
  • Author
    Edward Garrett
    Participant

Bill,
    I added the “Donate Button and the Social Icons in the header.php file. It shows up perfectly on the page above. On all others, the Social Icons do not show up. The background AND the links for the Social Icons are there. The Social Icons do not show up.

I used the same code with the Grassroots theme on this site…It works fine on all pages

I know this is beyond the scope of your theme…just thought I’d ask…any ideas?

As Always Bill, Thank you in advance!
    Best,
    Ed Garrett

Bill Robbins

Hey Ed,

I took out the credentials from your topic here. If you do need to post them, which can be hugely helpful so thanks for that, make your topic and then create a separate private reply with the credentials. That way no one else sees them and logs into your site. It’s not likely to happen, but I want to make sure you’re secure 🙂

It looks like the font awesome stylesheet isn’t loading on the other pages. That’s keeping the icons from showing. Try adding this to your Custom CSS:

.fa-facebook-f:before, .fa-facebook:before {
        content: "\f09a"
    }

.fa-twitter:before {
        content: "\f099"
    }

I pulled that from the stylesheet that is missing so hopefully it will do the trick.

Take care,
    Bill

Edward Garrett
    Participant

Thanks for removing the credentials.

Bill, I added the Font Awesome code you suggested. I got a little change…Something is not quite right…I tried playing with the padding and margins…

Thanks in advance, Bill.
    Ed Garrett

Bill Robbins

Hi Ed,

I think your best bet would be to try to get the plugin’s stylesheet to load on all pages. Since it was working just fine on the home page where the stylesheet was loading, it would likely also work well on the other pages if you can get the stylesheet loaded there too. I think that’s what I would shoot for.

Bill

Edward Garrett
    Participant

Thanks, Bill.
    Whats the best way to get the stylesheet loaded on the other pages?
    THanks
    Ed

Bill Robbins

I would ask the plugin developer if it’s not something that you created yourself.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Social Icons ONLY SHOW UP on ONE page’ is closed to new replies.