Slideshow with sidebar

Support Area Forums Epic Slideshow with sidebar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Alden Sison
    Participant

Hi Bill,

My question is on how to create the blocks that show in the sidebar next to the slideshow in Hope Top section of the Home Page. Is the Featured Page widget the right one to place here? And what size would the image need to be?

Thanks,

Alden.

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Alden,

Great question. You do use the home top sidebar area. You’ll also need to go to the Theme Options page and click on the Home Page tab. At the top there you’ll find a drop-down menu for the Top Layout. Choose the “sidebar” option there. That will change up the top of the home page so that the home top sidebar is visible.

You can use the featured page widget there. It should resize your images for you. If you run into trouble with image sizing there, let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

Alden Sison
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the help! Really learning a lot while working with this theme.

I was able to create the sidebar widget. My problem now is that the images do not line up with the slideshow to the left. Please see attached.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alden.

Bill Robbins

Hey Alden,

There is a home top layout called “Static” that you might find helpful. It places the first slide as the large image on the left. The next two slides are displayed smaller next to it on the right.

That’s one possible way to achieve that.

You can try saying with the sidebar arrangement. You might try sizing your sidebar images to be 296 by 197 pixels. I would also suggest leaving out any widget titles and just have the images there.

You may need images just a bit shorter than that if you go with widgets, but that should be closer.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

Alden Sison
    Participant

Hi Bill,

The second solution is the perfect one for me. It works!

Thanks again…In trying to built our church website, I’ve bought a dozen themes and dealt with just as many customer reps for my support questions. I have to say that you and Organized Themes had been the very best.

Blessings,

Alden.

Bill Robbins

Thanks Alden. I really do appreciate it 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Slideshow with sidebar’ is closed to new replies.