Slides Not Transitioning

Support Area Forums Foundation Slides Not Transitioning

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    NC Nwoko
    Participant

My slideshow is not working. It looks as though the slides are stacked instead of transitioning.

http://darwin.directrouter.com/~ravepubs/

Bill Robbins

There is a javascript conflict that’s causing the slideshow to act that way. The theme includes a lightbox gallery that’s built with a script called Facybox. The Facebook gallery plugin also appears to use the same script. They are inadvertently loading the same script twice, it’s causing a conflict that shows up in the slideshow.

You can go to the theme options page on the identity tab and select “no” for include Lightbox gallery. Save your settings and that should fix the slideshow for you.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

NC Nwoko
    Participant

Hi Bill, thanks for such a quick response! Unfortunately, I’m not sure disabling the Lightbox Gallery in the Identity section fixed the problem.

Whether or not the Lightbox Gallery is enabled, the slide show still doesn’t transition.
    (Also, the Foundation Template instructions say that if the Lightbox Gallery is disabled, the slideshow doesn’t work: “The theme comes with a built in lightbox image gallery. If you’d like to disable this, you can select no here. Choosing no will also prevent the slideshow post template from functioning.”)

Finally, I have since entirely deleted the Facebook Gallery plugin in question because it was conflicting with yet another plugin (All In One Events Calendar – http://darwin.directrouter.com/~ravepubs/calendar), which is still acting weird for me (it generates a broken/open tag above the header – http://darwin.directrouter.com/~ravepubs/ai1ec_event/6th-annual-youth-triathlon/?instance_id=9).

I included the links to the pages that are acting up just in case they might be related to the slideshow issue.

Bill Robbins

Sorry for not being clearer about that. You can disable the lightbox and the home page slideshow will work. The gallery post template that has a slideshow won’t be available though if you use it.

It looks like the calendar plugin is using a filter of some type of the excerpt. The theme uses the excerpt function to provide an automatic page/post description tag. You could turn off the built in SEO and then add a plugin for SEO such as WordPress SEO by Yoast.

I took another look at your slider and at the moment it appears there is only one slide published. If you still have trouble with more than one slide published, let me know.

Your site looks great by the way.

If you have any other trouble, let me know.

NC Nwoko
    Participant

THAT WORKED! And all the bugs that I was dealing with before are fixed all around.

The best part is now that I got rid of the pesky Facebook plugin, I can still use the Fancy Box setting if I need to.

My apologies about the slideshow; I was resizing the images to prevent the stacking that I was originally referencing, and never published the drafts for the other slides.

[Face – Palm]

Thanks for the compliments about the site and for the awesome template!

Thanks a million, Bill.

NC

Bill Robbins

So glad that’s working for you. If you need anything else, just let me now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Slides Not Transitioning’ is closed to new replies.