Slider Text Color | Sidebar Page Content | Header/Navigation

Support Area Forums Forward Slider Text Color | Sidebar Page Content | Header/Navigation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://vaeec.org/newsite2016/
  • Author
    Kelley Galownia
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I have a few questions for you regrading this theme:

1) How do I change the image slider text color? I need it to be white so that it stands out against the blue.

2) Is there a way to set a text limit on the page content for the sidebar? Ideally it would only show the logo image under “Featured Member.” Then, if someone clicks the image link, it would direct them to the “Featured Member” page. It would also be great if there’s a solution to this that doesn’t require the user to know html coding each time the featured member changes (monthly) — my client wants to be able to upload information to the “Featured Member” page and it automatically populate the sidebar area. An example of the sidebar in question can be found here: http://vaeec.org/newsite2016/about/

3) Is it possible to put the logo on the navigation menu and move everything up to the top? My client feels like there’s too much wasted space up top, so I’m trying to figure out a way to lessen the white space. A rough example of what I’m thinking can be seen on my other client’s website: http://www.vcnva.org

4) Additionally (sort of related to the first question), is there a way to move the image slider up so that it touches the main menu?

Thanks in advance, Bill!

Best,
    Kelley

Bill Robbins

Hi Kelley,

Let’s see if we can find answers for you here.

1 — It looks like the Easy Google Fonts plugin is adding a color to the paragraph tags. That’s overriding the white that’s normally in the slides. In the Advanced section of the customizer, you could add this to the Custom CSS to change the color there:

div.slide-box p {
    	color: #fff;
    }

2 — I would use a different widget there. The Home Block Page Content widget was intended to use on the home page to allow the text from a page’s content area to be displayed there. Since the home page is made up of widgets, that allows users to add “normal” content to the page and place it where they want it to go.

You might consider using the BlackStudio TinyMCE plugin. It adds a “visual editor” widget which has the same editor that the page/post screen does.

3 — You’re welcome to change the position of the logo and navigation bar. Add this to the Custom CSS:

#logo {
    	margin-top: 30px;
    	margin-bottom: 30px;
    }

and adjust the top and bottom margins of the logo to change it’s spacing. Smaller margins will bring the logo higher and the navigation closer.

4 — To move the slider up, I would use a negative top margin on the actual slider. That way it will only affect the position of the slider and not the content on other pages. Add this to the Custom CSS too:

.flexslider {
    	margin-top: -30px;
    }

Save your changes and see how that works for you.

If you have any questions, let me know. If you have more than one or maybe two questions, it usually works best to post them in separate topics. Tracking multiple questions through various replies inside the same topic can be a bit muddy. It’s get easy to lose track of a question.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Slider Text Color | Sidebar Page Content | Header/Navigation’ is closed to new replies.